Monday 9 May 2011

First BRCA WGT National

Well the first BRCA WGT and F1 National ran on the 8th of May 2011 and what a day it was!!

Good racing and a good laugh. There was a decent turn out for the first event, 26 WGT drivers. I was placed in the lowest heat as I hadn't competed in a BRCA event for a while!

First run had a slight crash and issues with the motor moving. Had to replace the washers under the motor screws. I have some Lunsford Fat Boy screws and washers on order so looking that should cure the issue.Second round allowed me to put in a 27 lapper. 3rd round and the motor moved again stripping the spure gear. 4th and Final qualifying needed to put in a better time. A bit of a flakey start and it looked like I wasnt going to improve. Drove like hell and ended up with a 28 lapper which got me 9th in the A final, really please with that!! In the pics below I have included the final qualifying times, check out how close 9th, 10th, and 11th were!! Really happy with the setup, using Hupos setup and dont see any reason to change it, car was perfect for me!

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/downloads/setups/GX10_Hupo_2010Birds.pdf

The A final was an interesting one. Bit of a messy start for other drivers meant I was up to 4th at the end of the first lap. I then proceeded to cock up and crash my way to last by the 3minute marker. After that I got my brain/thumbs in gear and drove my way back to 9th then had a great battle for 8th which saw us swapping places lap after lap. I ended up 9th but really happy with my days racing!!

A few pics from the day below, apologies for the camera phone quality I forgot my camera!



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers