Tuesday 4 October 2011

Repairing Foam RC Tyres



Thought I best put up a small piece on how I repair my tyres. Had a couple of deep chunks in the middle of tyres and I am such a tight git I didn't want to throw them away. So out I found a old spare magenta front 1/12th tyre and broke out the truer!


Step one
Take one chunked tyre
Photobucket


Photobucket


Step Two
Cut out the chunk, I find it easier to cut out a square around the chunk. Makes it easier to chuck out a replacement bit of phone.
Photobucket


Step Three
Find a replacement tyre. Preferable the make and compound as the tyre you are repairing. I didn't have any RC4less donors so but I found this GRP Magenta, so close enough!
Photobucket


Step Four
Trim the donor part and glue into place. I use Evostick as it is flexible when it dries. Leave to dry for a couple of hours
Photobucket


Photobucket


Step Five
One it is has dried put it on the truer and take VERY small cuts until you get a smooth finish
Photobucket


Photobucket




2 comments:

  1. Can you do one on repairing the edge of a foam tyre also

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same can be applied for the edges really but if I get any big chunks in the side I will do some pictures of the repair.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Followers