Thursday 29 September 2011

Ardent Winter Series Round 7 (End of Series)

Back at the wonderful Ardent Raceway this weekend for the final round of the Summer Series. Now I have not had much luck at Ardent, general good qualifying then all going to pot in the finals. A lowish turn out saw the GTs split into two heats. Now judging by my previous results in this series I was not looking at a good final result for the series but was hoping for a good result on the day.

The track had been changed slightly since the last time I was here which has made it a bit slower. I placed my fastest time in the first round with a 26laps in 367 and this was good enough to take TQ. The car felt good running RC4Less tyres magenta all round. For the last round of qually I changed to purple fronts which settled the car a bit less. I also tried a front brace plate at the same time. Hard to tell what change the brace made but the tyres definately made the me drive the car more consistantly.

Finals time and I cocked up royally off the line, car speared left for some reason, hadn't took enough of the additive off I think. Ended up third in the first final. Second final got away to a good start but cocked up a few laps in and was down to second behind Vince, I was a VERY VERY close battle and was nipping at his heels lap after lap. There was a couple of debatable incidents which ended up with me winning and vince finishing Third. This meant I took the overall win. The knock on effect from this meant that I ended up third in the series overall which was a hell of a suprise! UPDATE - Apparantly the points were wrong and I ended up third instead of 3rd, bugger! Never mind!

Well that wraps up the summer series, A big thank you to John Dawson, Ian Plimmer, Simon Hagues and Geoff for running the series. Can't wait to get stuck in at the summer series. Also a congrats to Vince Formosa for coming second in both the GT and 1/12th series and good luck with the next couple of months! Heres a few pics from the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers