Tuesday 6 September 2011

Hi all, its been a while since the last update but work and life get in the way!

The car has changed a bit since my last post. I have aquired a LE chassis and my god what a difference it has made. I have only ran it at the Teeside BRCA national but I love it to bits. I have kept the old shock and also not used the front carbon plate that goes all the way across the front as it doesn't allow you to run the same max width.

Pics of chassis

Photobucket


Photobucket


I have also changed my bumper. It now made of 2mm Nylon66 and I have cut it back over the previous design to allow the foam to absorb more of the impact rather than hit the bumper plate.

Photobucket

I have entered a few events over the past couple of months with varying success, mainly being let down in finals. Car is going good and I am getting more confident with it. Its the last round of the Chesterfield Summer Shootout next weekend so I am looking forward to that.

Now Sunday was the last round of the inaugral BRCA GT10/F1 championship at Teeside Club. There was a reasonable turn out for both classes with GT having the most numbers. The track was a weird L shape but it was bloody good fun. Curved straight onto a sweeper meant having some balls to keep it pinned throughout. Setupwise I went soft on the side springs to white and also to 15k diff oil in the side dampers. I had a couple of bad rounds including stripping a spur but my best time was 25 laps in 361.86. It could have been quicker but I had a few slow laps. This left me 7th in the A final. I made a great start and was up to 4th after about 5 laps. Half through the race I was in 5th having a great battle for 4th. Unfortunately a mistake on the last lap cost me big, hit the outside barrier on the sweeper causing my body to get caught in the wheels. This left me down in 8th. A poor end to a great final. Many thanks to Teeside Club for putting on an excellent event.

I will be taking part in the Winter Series at Ardent over the next few month, should be a good turn out of GT10 drivers!

Here are a load of pics from the Teeside National curtosey of Mr Vince Formosa!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers