Monday 12 September 2011

Summer Shootout Round 4

Well the Chesterfield Summer Shootout is now finished and another excellent event was held. Many thanks to Kev Creaser and Trev COult for running it. A different track was setup to the last few events, much more flowing. The car was handling great at Teeside so I decided not to make any changes. I was however trying a new type of tyre. RC4less do a great looking wheel with a various number of compounds. I set my second quickest run of the day on RC4less Magenta all round problem was I chunked the front set quite badly, once on my second quickest which I am not sure how it happened. The second I had a scrappy run which resulted in the other front chunking. Shame as they were going great. I had started them at 56mm instead of 55mm like normal. The rears were great though. I have also got a couple of sets of purple fronts so will be trying them out sometime. I ended up going back to CRC WGT control tyres for the last qualifier and the final, these have been consistant all year so couple rely on them for a safe couple of racers. Qualified on pole and got a good start to be able to lead from the front. Had a great day overall and look forward to ardent at the end of the month! No pictures unfortunately but if you want to go look at the result they are here: http://www.carsrcracing.co.uk/results/shootoutv/index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers